Here is a virtual but warm greeting from Ziqiao, as you just came across his page!
As many of my non-Chinese friends found it hard to pronounce my Chinese name (马子乔? pronounced as Tsz-Chaw in Mandarin or Tsz-Kiu in Standard Romanization),
it's absolutely fine to just call me Martin alternatively.
I am a second-year Ph.D. student at the University of Michigan
advised by Professor Joyce Chai
as a member of Situated Language and Embodied Dialogue (SLED) Lab, Computer Science and Engineering Department.
I am also enrolled in the Cognitive Science program.
My current research focuses on Natural Language Processing
(Language Grounding, Language Acquisition, Human-Robot Communication),
(Navigation, Instruction Following),
and Machine Learning (Graph Neural Networks, Data-Efficient Learning).
Prior than that, I obtained my Dual Bachelor's Degree in
at the University of Michigan and
Electrical and Computer Engineering
at Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
[Sep. 2022] I will serve as the Poster/Demo Session Chair for Michigan AI Symposium 2022. Please consider contributing a poster of your work!
[Aug. 2022] I will be the Graduate Student Instructor for EECS 595 (NLP) in Fall 2022 at Michigan.
[Aug. 2021] I graduated from SJTU!
[May. 2021] I graduated from Michigan!
[Mar. 2021] I will join the family of the Michigan AI as a Ph.D. student this fall. Go Blue!
[Dec. 2020] I will be the Instructional Aide for EECS 492 (Intro. AI) in Winter 2021 at Michigan.
[May. 2020] I will be the Teaching Assistant for VE 492 (Intro. AI) and VE 280 (Program. & Intro. Data Struct.) Summer 2020 at SJTU.
If you would like to have a random chat with me, please visit my calendly page.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor | Sept 2021 - May 2026 (Expected)
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, Certificate in Cognitive Science
Advisor: Joyce Chai
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor | Sept 2019 - May 2021
B.S.E in Computer Science, Minor in Mathematics (Summa Cum Laude)
Advisors: Joyce Chai, Qiaozhu Mei, Jie Liu
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai | Sept 2017 - Aug 2021
B.S.E in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Technische Universität Berlin, Berlin | Jan 2019 - Feb 2019
Chengdu Foreign Languages School, Chengdu | Sept 2011 - June 2017
* indicates equal contributions.
Partition-Based Active Learning for Graph Neural Networks
Jiaqi Ma*, Ziqiao Ma*, Joyce Chai, Qiaozhu Mei
DLG-KDD (Oral), 2022 |
I've been fortunate to work with these amazingly talented students:
I understand that access to research oppotunities can be hard, particularly for beginners and the underrepresented.
If there is a match in research interests, I am happy to collaborate with undergrads and masters when I have the bandwidth.
Please check the following topics of interests and fill this out if you want to work with me.
- Understanding, acquiring and using sensorimotor-grounded language and world knowledge.
- Cognitively motivated human-agent communication in physical environments.
- Machine learning that is (inter)active, data-efficient and continual on (semi-)structured data.
- I was born and raised up in Chengdu, the home of pandas.
- I am proud of Chengdu Foreign Languages School, my high school, and identify myself as a CFLSer. 成外人永远不会成外人.
- My dream school during high school was The University of Hong Kong (HKU), yet I declined the offer of BSc(QFin) in pursuit of my engineering dream.
- I love literature and drama. I am particularly interested in Shakespeare's plays, ancient Chinese drama and modern Asian literature. Here is one of my essays about Cross-dressed Heroines in Comedies.
- I am a super fan of Nightwish.
My favourite album is Imaginaerum.
- Jimmy Zhang SDE @ Microsoft, Suzhou, China.
- Sway Ye Ph.D. @ SJTU, Shanghai, China.
- Joy Dong Ph.D. @ UMICH, Ann Arbor, US.
- Haoyang Zhang Ph.D. @ UIUC, Champaign, US.
- ...(if you want to get linked just message me 😏)
Get In Touch
You are welcome to drop me a message :)
Bob and Betty Beyster Building 4909,
2260 Hayward Street,
Ann Arbor, MI 48109.